Thursday, September 18

30 by 30

I have to admit, I stole this idea. I shamelessly lifted it from a blog I follow --> http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/3818064/3425249653 Check it out, her list was great! I loved the idea of setting 30 goals to accomplish before reaching the age 30. As I am nearing my 25th birthday, 30 is closer than ever, but still seems a long way off. However, I'm catching on that life slips away faster than you can imagine, so I wanted to record some ways I want to grow and change over the next 5 and 1/2 years. I even got Hubs involved on this one! The ideas that were his are marked with an (*). Also, these are in no particular order (we are planning on paying off loans before getting a house before we have kids!)

  1. Have at least 2 children (or 1 and pregnant)
  2. Own a house
  3. Vacation in Seattle
  4. Obtain a blog following of 100 or more
  5. Learn and memorize  an hour's worth of piano classical music
  6. Have at least 15 piano students
  7. Host a major holiday with more than just Matthew and I
  8. Mentor a young lady
  9. Learn how to can fruits, veggies, and jams
  10. Eat "clean" 75% of the time (as opposed to the 20% we are currently at)
  11. And along with that, learn to scratch make the majority of the food we eat
  12. Plant and maintain a garden
  13. Own an animal (chickens, goat, etc)
  14. Host a Bible Study for at least one semester
  15. Visit at least 5 cities neither Matthew nor I have been before
  16. Memorize one book of the Bible (most likely Philippians)
  17. Help lead someone(s) to Christ*
  18. Develop a household organization system
  19. Compose at least two pieces of music (one modern sacred and one classical)
  20. Pay off student loans (hopefully way sooner than 30!)*
  21. Go camping
  22. Buy a new (to us) car (or maybe brand new, you never know!)
  23. Write and edit a novel with Matthew*
  24. Learn to use Essential Oils
  25. Make my own cleaning supplies and laundry detergent
  26. Develop a habit of regular Electronic-Free days
  27. Help Matthew publish and sell the game he created*
  28. Learn to play the violin or guitar (or both!)
  29. Set up an Etsy shop
  30. Grow to be more like Christ

Well, that's my 30! It seems like a lot, looking back over the list, but I am so excited about the possibilities that are in store for me and my adorable husband! God has richly blessed us in the last 3 months or marriage and I can't wait to see what amazing things He has in store for us.


So what are your goals in the next year or ten years? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Great list of goals. I would recommend getting a journal and writing each goal on a separate page. Then you can comment, tweak and adjust as life changes. And it gives you something to hold in your hand to spur you on. I would love for you to reach #1 so I could be a grandma while I am still young enough to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete