Thursday, September 4

The Stuff of Pasta

I know I posted a recipe pretty recently, but this week Matthew and I are in California for his work and I have been watching Food Network all day and it is making me think about food! Also, sitting in a hotel room all week, I'm not able to actual make any recipes! Cooking has definitely become one of my favorite hobbies since getting married. It is so satisfying to start with simple ingredients and shape a delicious meal or dessert.

This is one of our favorite go-to dishes. We don't really have a name for it and I've never had a written recipe for it. Hubby made this as a bachelor and I have tried to make it a little fancier. We've only ever called it "Pasta Stuff". Enlightening, isn't it?

Pasta Stuff

1 box pasta (whatever kind you like. We enjoy shells, rotini, or spaghetti)
1 pound Italian style sausage
1 16-oz jar of Alfredo Sauce (I like to use Roasted Garlic)
1/8 cup milk
2 cloves minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (or whatever other spicy seasoning you may like. I often add cajun seasoning instead)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Brown the Italian sausage and drain the excess grease. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Pour in the Alfredo Sauce, then use the 1/8 cup of milk to rinse out the container and add to the skillet. Add remaining ingredients and cheese and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Add the pasta and allow to sit for a few more minutes. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese.

Super easy and super tasty. This is a standard "it's-late-we-haven't-eaten-and-need-a-fast-meal". It's very filling. We eat off one batch of this for a week. I hope you enjoy! As always, if you try this out, let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment