Monday, June 7

The Lost Post and the Internal Workings

I logged on last night so that I could post, and lo and behold! The site was unavailable. All evening long. I was going to post about my weekend. The amazing, relaxing Saturday in which I did nothing important. The great grades I've been making on my online class. The Sunday sermon on memorizing Scripture. But I lost all that momentum from one day of work.

So I've decided to post something else that I am not entirely sure how to communicate clearly.

I'm having internal, emotional issues with one of my friends. They did something recently that didn't sit right with me. I've never been one for 'premonitions' or the creepy gut-feeling, but that's what I got about this situation. I saw something on their facebook page that confirmed it. That's when I decided to go to one of our mutual friends. (Gosh, isn't this ambiguous?) I asked them about the other person. They said things that almost confirmed my fears, but what they said were directed at different areas of this person's life then what I was concerned about. Then I discovered that these two people don't really get along. So, doesn't that kind of negate our mutual friend's opinion? I don't know. There are things I need to know. There are things I want to know. I have to make a decision. Should I approach this friend? Should I leave them alone? Is it going to kill me if I don't say anything? Will it kill me if our friendship dies?

I've been praying about it a lot. For some reason, this situation has me incredibly stressed out. I didn't really eat today, and I have been sick to my stomach. My parents will attest to that fact. I came home from work, sat down to take off my shoes, and woke up some 30 minutes later. Dad said he had been bellowing my name, but I didn't hear a thing. I wish that I trusted God more. I wish that I had more faith. I wish I had the faith of a mustard seed. I wish I wasn't so dramatic.

Sorry that my story wasn't clear...since this is an internet posting, I absolutely will not reveal information about other people that could influence others' opinions of them without their explicit consent. Also, I don't want anyone to know what really is bugging me. That is as close to the whole story as anyone is going to get. Sorry. Deal with it.

Thanks for reading that whole depressing, ambiguous, confusing post. Go get a bowl of ice cream. You deserve it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment