Friday, June 4

The Long Days

I had a very long day.... It wasn't a difficult day, just long.

Work seemed especially long. There weren't many kids at the daycare. I only had six in my group for the morning, and three for the afternoon. That made it really pleasant. I was really able to play with each one of them and spend quality time getting to know them. I enjoy it more the less kids there are. I even got to color and play legos with them. But it made the day seem a lot longer..... and I worked an extra hour later than I normally do. Nothing really stressful happened today either. I even got to have a very nice lunch hour with my mom. We ate, played a game of Rummikub, and talked about boys.

I feel a lot closer to my mom than I used to. I used to have a lot of trouble talking to my mom about boys....mostly because I thought I knew what she was going to say, so I never bothered to talk to her. Now I truly want her opinion. Another reason I didn't want to talk to her about them was because I knew that I wasn't behaving in a Christ-like manner in my relationships, and it's hard to admit that kind of thing, especially to your parents. Thankfully, I've gotten back on the path I'm supposed to be on and I'm making better decisions, so conversing about boys is much easier and doesn't lay a guilt-trip on me.

I've been taking a Personal Finance class online this summer. I started on Tuesday and hit the ground running. I had to read and take a quiz on Tuesday, repeat on Wednesday, and then do double duty on Thursday. I got a 60% on the second quiz I did and that really discouraged me. But, I know what the problem was. I was distracted. I thought that somehow it would be ok if I talked to my friends online while I tried to read. It didn't work, and my grade suffered because of it. Then I had to go back and re-read it and try to understand it. I think that I got it now, but I'm still kinda leery about it. I did better at the next to quizzes, and hope that I'll be able to make a really good grade on the test to pull my overall grade up. Right now it's at 83%, not acceptable for me.

Tomorrow is house-cleaning day and my parents are getting a load of bricks to finish the new patio extension. Pretty soon I'll go to bed so I'm well rested for it. G'night, my non-existent readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment